The Rutgers Program in Perceptual Science invites applications for our Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program in Perceptual Science and Technology, funded jointly by the National Science Foundation and the Department of Defense.
The program will recruit college undergraduates to Rutgers in summer 2014 to conduct research under the guidance of faculty mentors here. The positions come with a stipend as well as on-campus housing and travel reimbursement. The number of places for Summer 2014 is not yet determined (a renewal and extension of our program are pending at NSF).
For complete details see:
- our program announcement
- the most recent list of available projects
- the online application form
- the application checklist
- information about the participants from summer 2013
- information about the participants from summer 2012
- a press release about the program's events in summer 2011
- information about the participants from summer 2011
Our target deadline for full consideration of applications is Feb 18, 2014, but we will continue to accept and review additional applications until all our places are filled. We welcome applications from women, minorities and students with disabilities. Participants will be part of a larger community of undergraduate research interns at Rutgers, including participants in the RISE and DIMACS REU programs.